Sunday, June 11, 2006

Police forcing people to comit crimes?

Interestingly, the Straits Times reported two fellas who was nabbed by the CNB because they were "lured" into buying drugs. The tactic was to go online (Galaxynet perhaps? Hmm...), talk to these sheeps, pretend to be some cool dude, ask them to come down and "have fun" with drugs. The moment they come down, catch them. Quota fulfilled.

:o

If they refuse, continue to SMS them until they break?

Well, according to CSI:NY, the police are allowed to lie legally to get a "confession" out of their suspect, for example "I just smashed his head with a seigehammer! I didn't stab him!". In Singapore, police actually baiting a suspect to bring drugs is actually legal.

Scary thought. I mean, how are you supposed to know that the guy behind that fake IRC nick is a CNB officer?

Actually, simple. According to the famous IRC rule, "All females on the internet are males, all the males are females, and all 13 year olds are FBI agents", it actually makes sense in this situation.

Basically, trust no one. Even in my fansubbing team, if my co-translator decides to ask me "Hey, get me some Ice dude.", I'll ask for him to get kicked out of the team.

However, I am surprised that the people involved actually broke. I mean, one of them is a medical school student, he should have sufficient common sense to know what it means if he's caught (bond broken, and a shit load of things). If he had any sense at that time, he would know that the person asking him to bring drugs should be fishy, and report him to the police with the logs immediately on the charge of harassment (the trace-up would be funny though.)

Yet, why did he do it? Why did he actually even show up with the drugs? Ugh, an entire career wasted.

And for what? Some dude on IRC?

Seriously, trust no one on the net. :o

Unless you know them personally.

Even then....

---

Song of (whatever) changed to Sanctuary by Nami Tamaki, the opening theme of Kiba.

God, I love Nami Tamaki. One of my favourite singers.

But damn, why is she singing the opening theme of a rubbish anime? >_>

----

Stop smiling NF.

>_>

Even if you can't help it after reading that message.

<_<

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home